Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Noble intentions.....

One may ask how I found this house.  I think it was my sixth sense or divine intervention, possibly you could say that the house found me.  As I previously mentioned, I was in hot pursuit of the American Dream.  I wanted dept free prosperity for my family!  Now we are doing OK.  I think we manage our resources fairly well.  We have a nice house and plenty to eat but it doesn't seem like much is ever left for recreation.  My husband and I have traveled a lot and we got in our mind that if we could pay off a house quickly then we could go on really great vacations with the kids every year and really experience life to the fullest.  Let me just give you an example.  We love going to the renaissance festival in Muskogee, OK. For my birthday this year that is what I wanted to do, so instead of a material present we went to the festival.  Now, of course we had to dress up.  We all had costumes $$$$, we had to drive a couple of hours to get there $$$$$, we had to pay to get in $$$$, we had to buy food while there $$$$$, they had beer and it was my birthday $$$$$ and we had to drive home, unfortunately my darling husband got us lost and it took about 4 hours to get home $$$$$$.  Perhaps I'll tell more about that another time.  So, as you can see, it was pretty expensive and not something we can do just anytime we want, but....if we reduced our house payments and overall debt we could do more of those things.

2 comments:

  1. Funny, I thought you already had costumes. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little about the costumes, Garrett and John are wearing costumes made by my father in law Steve Williams, we are so lucky that he is willing to use his talents to keep us in great costumes. I made my costume, I had started it two years ago specifically for this event. Kira is wearing a very simply matching one from my leftover peices which I forced her to wear because it was my birthday when she really wanted to wear the beautiful purple one. Luke didn't want to look like anyone else so he created his look from his dress up clothes.

    ReplyDelete